BA Urban Planning and Design
The BA/BEng Urban Planning and Design programme offers students the opportunity to study both local and international urban and rural landscapes in a dynamic and supportive learning environment. Students will be able to equip themselves with knowledge and skills to analyse, critique and, ultimately, contribute to the sustainability of urban and rural development both in China and around the world. On completion, students will be able to work in sectors such as urban planning, urban design, city management, central and local government policy, consultancy, and real estate development.
Urban planning and design students learn how to formulate strategic plans, design liveable spaces and create public places. You will consider the social, economic and environmental needs of a town or city and the impact of those on the built environment, helping companies and governments make difficult decisions on the use of land including whether to develop, what to develop and how to develop. In recent years, urban planning and design has become particularly concerned with the preservation and impact of the natural environment, for example, how we deal with the growing pollution in our cities and concerns about natural disasters like earthquakes and floods. Other concerns include the scarcity of land and how to achieve an efficient and effective use of space. The rate of development in China means that good planning is essential. The BA/BEng Urban Planning and Design programme at XJTLU is international in focus and has been designed to help students appreciate the similarities and differences between planning in China, the UK and other countries throughout the world.
Why should I study Urban Planning and Design at XJTLU?
- Our globally competitive, professional programme is unique in its focus on both local Chinese and international planning systems and urban design practice
- You will be offered a range of learning experiences such as interactive studios, field surveys and local and international field classes and design workshops
- The Department of Urban Planning and Design offers a supportive learning environment which encourages you to become an independent active learner and critical thinker
- Gain transferable skills that provide a platform for success in your future study or employment in planning and urban design-related fields
- Earn two degrees: an XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and a globally recognised degree from the University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities
RMB 88,000 per academic year
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a truly unique institution, jointly founded by Xi'an Jiaotong University and the University of Liverpool. It is the largest international collaborative university in China and the only one where all undergraduate students receive a UK...
Want to know more about BA Urban Planning and Design? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!